Thursday, January 12, 2012

Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Casserole

I found this recipe back when I first started WW and it is still one of mine and my family's favorites. I just made it last night, and had leftovers again for dinner tonight. Since I have access to Weight Watchers E-Tools I built this recipe in their system and for 1 serving this delicious casserole is 6 points (or points plus, I still refer to them as points).
Ingredients
  • 4 Cups of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Chopped (about 4 breasts)
  • 20oz frozen chopped broccoli (thawed and drained)
  • 8oz light sour cream
  • 3 cups shredded fat free cheddar cheese
  • 1 can Campbells 98% Fat Free Broccoli & Cheese Soup
  • 1/2 cup dried plain bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup light butter (like I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
Instructions
  • Boil chicken breasts & chop them up
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • In a Large bowl, combine chicken, drained broccoli, soup, sour cream, and 2 cups of shredded cheese. Mix well
  • Spread mixture into 9x12 pan
  • Melt butter, then combine with breadcrumbs and remaining 1 cup of cheese
  • Cover casserole with breadcrumb mixture
  • Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
9x13 pan = 8 servings. The best way to figure serving size is divide it completly long ways, then 4 ways long ways, to equal 8 rectangle servings.

You could change up the recipe by using a different cheese, also by using cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup instead. Points may be different though :)

Enjoy!

Keep on tracking,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment