Friday, January 13, 2012

Fitness Friday

Happy Friday!!
I am not a huge fan of working out, and I am the best at coming up with excuses not to. I still struggle with this today. And I would be lying if I said I worked out everyday, but I know to reach my goal I am going to have to. I have learned that just a little exercise makes me feel so much better, puts me in a better mood, makes me want to eat healthier, and helps out with the weight loss a lot!
My favorite and only sport that I play is golf... so needless to say I am not the running type. In all honesty, I hate to run, even though my next goal is to run a 5k. But in the mean time, I find other ways to burn calories. These are just a few of my favorites
  1. ZUMBA! - This is my new addiction. I LOVE Zumba! I started going to Zumba classes this past summer and am still in love with them. Rachel O'Dell is a fabulous Zumba instructor and her classes are SO fun. She makes it more like a party than a workout... but you can definitely feel it afterward. I would highly recommend attending one of Rachels Zumba classes, or if you're not in this area.. go to any Zumba class, just try it! There is also a Zumba game for Wii & Xbox or you could buy the Zumba DVD sets, which are a little pricy but totally worth the investment!
  2. Biggest Loser DVDs - I love all of their dvd workouts and have several of them, but my favorite is the Biggest Loser Boot Camp workout. Here is a link if you'd like to buy it from Amazon.
  3. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - If your short on time, this is the perfect 20 minute DVD workout for you. You can get it pretty much anywhere. Here is a link if you'd like to buy it from Amazon.
  4. Basic Workout Reps - Don't like DVDs or Games? Create your own workout! Sometimes I just put a few different exercises together and do as many reps of them as I can. A good example might be - 25 crunches, 25 jumping jacks, 25 push ups, and 30 second plank. Repeat that 4 times for a quick little workout.

Hope this has given you new ideas for workouts, or maybe the motivation to get back to what you used to do. While I try to reach my goal, set your own and try to reach those with me! If you have any other workouts that you LOVE please comment and tell me... because I love trying new things!

Keep on tracking,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment