Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Here we go...

Let's start off by saying I am not a writer, nor a nutritionist or Weight Watcher professional. I would have never thought of starting a blog, but everytime I find a new food, tip, trick, or recipe, everyone wants to know all about it... this will just make it easier to share those with you!
Since starting my Weight Watcher journey in September of 2009, I have lost nearly 80 pounds and am well on my way to loosing 100 pounds. Many people ask me why I started WW to begin with... here is just ONE of my many reasons...
Yep... thats me... well, that WAS me. This picture was taken in July 2009. It makes me sick to look back at these pictures.. but more than that, it makes me proud of how far I've come.
And this picture was taken on my 21st Birthday... October 2011. The NEW me.. almost to my goal.

Enough of the rambling and pictures. The whole reason for this blog is to share my favorite recipes, foods, tips, tricks, exercises, quotes, and the occasional fashion post (my favorite part about the weight loss is being able to shop in normal stores and buy normal sized (and cute) clothing!)

For my first entry, I will start out with my favorite new dessert..
I discovered a recipe for 0 point Banana "Ice Cream" yesterday, and it was a success!
  • Slice up a banana and freeze it.
  • Put it in your blender, chopper, or food processor
  • Add a splash of vanilla and about 2 tbsp of Skim Milk (add additional milk if it's too thick, but count the points)
  • Blend until smooth ice cream texture.
You can top it with sugar free reduced fat caramel, fat free whipped cream, or maybe some more fruit that you like to put with bananas? I love pineapple with bananas. You could also top it with my favorite new find....
Peanut Butter Cheerios!! I can not begin to tell you how excited I am about this new find. I LOVE anything peanut butter, but hate the points. These Multi Grain Cheerios are only 3 points for 3/4 cup! I have 1/2 a cup after lunch or dinner for a sweet 2 point snack. And I bet these would be fabulous crumbled on top of the banana ice cream, or for that matter.. any other dessert. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

I will be back tomorrow with a yummy recipe for Broccoli Cheese & Chicken Casserole (6 points!).


Keep on Tracking,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment