Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What's for breakfast?

I am a full-time college student, a college athlete, and a part-time employee. I feel like I am constantly on the go, and the most difficult meal to focus on is breakfast. I have never been a huge fan of breakfast, unless of course it consists of biscuts and gravy, or ham and cheese omelets. Before Weight Watchers I would drive through Burger King, McDonalds, or Pals on a daily basis for breakfast because it was quick, easy, and good (but not good for me).
Today, I have a few different breakfast options that I choose between and switch it up to keep things interesting. Don't think that I don't splurge on occasion.. because I do. I still enjoy a biscut or an order of cheddar rounds. Just not every day, or even once a week, and the less I eat those foods the less I want them.
Here are my picks for breakfast...
  1. Multi Grain Cheerios - These are delicious and only 3points for an entire cup. I love them plain or with a little skim milk. Add some fruit (for 0 points) and make it even more filling.
  2. Eggo Waffles - My 2 favorite flavors are the FiberPlus Calcium Buttermilk (4 points for 2) or the Eggo NutriGrain Low Fat Whole Grain ones (4 points for 2). These are both good options. The FiberPlus Calcium Buttermilk tastes more like real waffles, but I really like them both. I put a little of the Parkay spray butter on them. If I want more flavor sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar on them too. Easy breakfast to eat while driving to work or school. Could put banana or other fruit on it to make a waffle "sandwich".
  3. Thomas Bagel Thins - The Cinnamon Raisin kind are delicious! They also make plain, everything, and maybe another kind? I get mine from Sams Club or Walmart. One bagel thin is 3 points. I love these toasted with a little spray butter or heated with a little reduced fat peanut butter on it. Great with sliced banana on it!

If you are like the old me and usually go through the drive through, go to the store... buy one of these products.. and just try it. I promise it's really not that bad! :)


Keep on tracking,
Chelsea 

No comments:

Post a Comment